I created some self-care/best business practices for myself as a self-employed web and graphic designer, but they apply to anybody running their own business. Here they are:
- Go to bed a half-hour earlier than you usually do.
- Don’t read any work emails in the evening.
- Turn off your work computer after 7 pm.
- Cardio every day.
- Do something you love to do, not have to do, every day.
- Don’t drink more than one beer during the workweek.
- Enjoy your plants and the animals.
- Work phone calls by appointment only.
It took me a really long time to not feel guilty about dropping out of the hustle culture. My motto is to work smarter, not harder. Keeping to a self-care routine helps me to do just that. What are some of yours?